Call us now on 01463 232273 Or email

About Innes & Mackay

Relocation of Children

family law departmentAlthough The Children (Scotland) Act 1995 explains that a move within the UK does not require the specific consent of the other parent, the parent remaining can still apply to Court for an order preventing the move.
Relocating can be a stressful period, especially when a child is involved. If an agreement cannot be made between the parents, then an application to the Court may have to be considered.

To understand fully your parental rights regarding relocation and the implications of court proceedings, please read our legal advice here.
If you have any concerns about the relocation of your child then please contact our expert family lawyers on 01463 232273 or complete our online enquiry form.

First Year of Domestic Violence Disclosure Scheme
House Prices Continue to Rise across Scotland and ...